Position will be posted until filled.
Under the guidance of the Program Coordinator, the Caregiver will help lead programs that encourage the social, emotional, physical, creative, and intellectual development of children.
This position is available at all Aboriginal Head Start and Child Development Centre's in the Inuvialuit Settlement Region (Aklavik, Inuvik, Paulatuk, Tuktoyaktuk and Ulukhaktok).
- Assisting with daily programming for children
- Providing general care to the children, including snack preparation
- Experience working with children
- Early Childhood Development Certificate or Diploma would be an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR is an asset
- Able to work in a high intensity, loud environment
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism by providing strong customer service and the ability to listen and respond appropriately to children, families, and coworkers
RCMP criminal record checks will be completed as part of the selection process.
Priority consideration will be given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.
Casual employees are utilized on an as needed basis dependent on the availability of full-time staff.
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Should this exciting opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to: