You are here
Project Jewel is an on-the-land wellness program that builds in after care supports for its’ participants. We strive to provide services that are client-driven, culturally sensitive and relevant. With the assistance of Elders, external and internal facilitators, and clinical support, we work with individuals to manage stress, grief, trauma or any emotions they are experiencing.
Our mission is to assist participants to begin or continue their healing journey, while being immersed in a cultural setting and relying on the natural healing that takes place with the connection to the land.
March 9 to 16, 2018
Ten spots available:
Five male (16 to 20 years of age)
Five female (16 to 30 years of age)
Apply before March 2, 2018
- Host on-the-land programs that are locally designed and includes Elders as well as clinical support
- Promote and inform participants about local, regional, territorial and out of territory services during on-the-land camps
- Incorporate culture-based activities during on-the-land camps as a hope to enhance and reconnect peoples experience with their culture
- Project Jewel will cater to both youth and adults
- Build upon existing skills
- Develop new strategies that will help people achieve their personal goals
- Time on-the-land can vary from four to 10 days depending on the program offered
- Participants will be able to engage in and contribute to holistic workshops in a culturally relevant and therapeutic environment
*NEW* You can now complete your applications online. Submit an application.
All those interested in participating in a Project Jewel program will be asked to complete the following steps:
- Application Form - General information, emergency contact person(s), medical disclosure and signed media release
- Meeting - In-person or over the phone, participants will meet with the After Care Coordinator to discuss individual and/or familial desires and needs
* Completed applications can be sent by email or dropped off to the On-the-Land and Support Services Coordinator.
For further information or to ask questions concerning Project Jewel and after care support, please feel free to contact:
If you want to learn more about Project Jewel, please contact: