You are here

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have questions concerning Inuvialuit private lands? Inuvialuit Regional Corporation has prepared a selection of frequently asked questions to better your understanding on this topic.

If your question is not listed or answered below, please don't hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to provide you with relevant information. 



If you would like to register a cabin, you can contact the Land Use Applications Coordinator at (867) 977-7100 or send an email.

You can also register your cabin online at Please note that you will need precise coordinates of your potential build location and you will be required to obtain written support from anyone within an eight kilometre radius of your location.



Please note that ILA makes applications available to affected Community Corporations and Hunters and Trappers Committees for review and comment. If you have a specific concern you can bring it up to your community organization or directly to ILA by contacting the ILA head office at (867) 977-7100 or sending them an email.



If you would like to request a map, please contact the Land Use Applications Coordinator at (867) 977-7100 or send an email. Please note that fees may apply.

ILA offers beneficiaries maps as a service when available - please be patient as it may take some time to produce your map.



If you would like more information on the environmental moniter hiring process and job requirements, please contact Janet Elias, Environmental Monitor Coordinator at (867) 977-7100 or send her an email.



Every Inuvialuit beneficiary is allowed up to 32m3 of borrow material (i.e. sand and gravel), royalty free, from Inuvialuit sources. Please note that costs associated with the removal, hauling and use of the gravel will not be covered by the ILA and is the responsibility of the applicant.

If you would like to apply, please contact the Land Use Applications Coordinator at (867) 977-7100 or send an email.



If you would like to apply for an annual tourism or outfitting licence, you can do so by visiting Please note that all applications received by the ILA are subject to fees, consultation holds and terms and conditions.

To apply, please contact the Land Use Applications Coordinator at (867) 977-7100 or send an email



Any uses of Inuvialuit Private Lands (IPL) that are more than individual and casual in nature require notification and permitting from ILA.

Any commercial activity, regardless of whether or not the developer is Inuvialuit, needs appropriate permits from ILA to use IPL.



If your activity is recreational and casual in nature, then a permit is not required. However, we do ask you to exercise “no trace camping” and bring all garbage back to town for proper disposal.