You are here
IESP Request for Proposals (RFP)
Request for Proposals (RFP):
Question and Answers:
Site Works RFP - Questions and Answer to View and Download or read below:
- IPC did not attach a contract to the RFP document for engineering consulting services. Does IPC have a contract that they propose to use to engage the consultant on the project?
ANSWER: In response to requests from proponents, IPC will provide a form of contract that will provide the basis for the terms of engagement. This will be added to the RFP documents as an Addendum by end of business on August 18, 2020.
- The scope of work in the RFP includes engineering services for geotechnical and environmental permafrost considerations. In order to properly prepare a scope of work in our proposal, can IPC provide any existing geotechnical and environmental investigations/reporting that has been completed to date?
ANSWER: IPC will provide existing relevant geotechnical and environmental investigations and reports once the contract is awarded.
- It is our understanding from the RFP document Environmental Field studies were completed in 2018. Can IPC confirm the expectation to update any associated field components since 2018 as part of this RFP or if those would be completed by third party contractor? In additional, please confirm the status of major applications and pending regulatory approval?
ANSWER: IPC does not require an updating of environmental field studies. No major regulatory applications have been submitted to date, although these are in the process of being developed.
- Can IPC provide a 2 week extension to the closing date for the RFP?
ANSWER: IPC will extend the closing date to September 3, 2020 at 15:00h MT. This new date is included in the attached RFP.
- Can IPC provide clarification for costing the construction support phase? Which approach below would you like us to follow? a or b? a. The RFP Schedule (page 2 – Key Anticipated Dates) states a construction period of January to April 2021. b. Form B: Proposed Milestone Dates shows Construction and Construction Support Services from February to April 30, 2021.
ANSWER: Form B has been updated at the referenced row to read: “Owner’s Engineer Services”. Owner’s Engineer Services are anticipated to be required starting in February 2021. However, certain construction-related activities, including preparation and review of tender documents are anticipated to begin before February. This update is included in the attached RFP.
- The “construction support” phase of the project is a significant cost of the overall proposal fee. We wish to provide a realistic fee estimate but do not want our submission to be viewed negatively against other bids that choose to underestimate the hours. Would IPC like to consider providing all bidders the number of hours to use in their fee estimates or do we estimate the construction support hours?
ANSWER: IPC requests that proponents provide an estimate of hours typically required, including hourly rates, for this type of project.