Reporting to the Capacity Manager, the Capacity Advisor is responsible to ensure the capacity initiatives of the Inuvialuit Regional Corporation are carried out. This role will be heavily involved in supporting the needs of the organization by developing, interacting, and supporting the HR, Education, and Capacity department in offering targeted skills development programs in each community within the Inuvialuit Settlement Region (ISR).
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience, and knowledge:
- 5 + years Human Resource experience; Career Development experience.
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or Career Development is considered an asset and future requirement.
- CHRP designation will be considered an advantage.
- Ability to identify barriers as well as opportunities and provide advice that contributes to well-informed decision-making for the department and Beneficiaries.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to research, analyse and evaluate alternatives and develop recommendations related to a wide range of issues.
- Client-service orientation.
- Ability to prepare successful funding proposals.
- Ability to prepare written communications that are clear and concise.
- Ability to develop detailed budgets and implement them accordingly.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to adhere to business and operational plans and to develop and implement goals, objectives, and priorities to meet this end.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Travel frequently within the ISR and occasionally elsewhere in Canada is required.
Deadline to Apply: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Priority given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.
PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND RESUME IN CONFIDENCE TO:
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation - Human Resources Division
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 888-872-7142