The Inuvialuit Regional Corporation (IRC) invites applications for the position of Oral Health Representative in ISR Communities. Under the guidance of the Regional Health Promotions Coordinator the Oral Health Representative will be responsible for providing oral health education, caries (cavity) prevention and monitoring/organizing recall and referral program for visiting oral health professionals in their home community as part of IRC’s Oral Health Initiative for children ages 0-12.
• Prepare and deliver oral health education presentations to community groups, CPNP, Healthy babies, and Schools;
• Coordinate and implement school toothbrushing programs;
• Coordinate and implement school fluoride treatment programs;
• Provide oral health screenings to children ages 0-12 and report findings to Regional Health Promotions Coordinator.
• Ensure all children ages 0-12 in the community are seen by the IRC Dental Hygienist twice yearly by preparing and monitoring recall lists.
• Connect and network with other service providers within the community.
• Participate in training opportunities as required by the position.
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience and knowledge:
• The Ideal candidate will have successfully acquired a High School diploma;
• Certificate or Diploma in a health and wellness would be considered an asset;
• 1-2 years of client-service experience, preferably in a field related to health and wellness;
• Experience working with Indigenous communities and organizations;
• Fluency in local Indigenous language would be an asset;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with local, regional and other supports;
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong networking skills;
• Knowledge of government programs and services available to the Inuvialuit would be considered an asset;
• Reliable and willing to work with minimum supervision;
• The incumbent may be required to work flexible hours (i.e. evenings, weekends)
• Demonstrated capacity to maintain confidentiality
Priority consideration will be given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement. Competition will remain open until suitable candidates is found. Only Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Should this opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation - Human Resources Division
firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 888-872-4172