Reporting to the General Counsel, the Paralegal will provide a variety of legal and administrative duties for the Inuvialuit Corporate Group. The Paralegal will be responsible for assisting with managing the daily functions of the legal department, land title and corporate searches, assisting the Deputy Registrar of Enrolment, coordinating various Board and Committee meetings and related follow-up documentation, completing annual filings and ensuring minute books are up to date.
The main job responsibilities include:
- Preparing and maintaining corporate, commercial and other legal documentation including preparation of resolutions, filing of corporate forms for the Inuvialuit Corporate Group as well as the Community Corporations.
- Undertaking corporate compliance functions consistent with legislation and corporate by-laws, including annual filings and preparations for annual and other member meetings.
- Conducting tax, land title and other legal searches.
- Preparing correspondence and legal documents such as statutory declarations, affidavits, letters of status and guarantees (serves as Notary Public).
- Assisting with special projects including wills and estates support, children-in-care, bylaw updates, etc.
Ideal candidates will have:
- An interest in working in a legal setting.
- Graduated or be working towards graduation from a legal assistant and/or a business administration program.
- 2-3 years of experience working as a corporate legal assistant or a paralegal, ideally in-house in a corporate legal department.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors and maintaining corporate minute books.
- Experience providing corporate secretary services and working with multiple stakeholder groups would be an asset.
- Knowledge of legal systems and corporate legal practices.
- Drafting abilities, such as preparing written communications that are clear and concise.
- An ability to conduct legal research and prepare related documentation.
- An ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
Priority consideration will be given to Beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.
IRC offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Relocation assistance may be provided to successful candidate.
Deadline to apply is July 31, 2019
Should this exciting opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation, Human Resources Department email@example.com or 1-888-872-7142 (fax)