- • Perform preventative daily maintenance checks on all buildings including; boiler pressure, ventilation systems, temperature, exterior conditions of roads, etc.
- • Report preventative daily maintenance checklists to the Site Supervisor
- • Responsible to note site access issues, any construction restrictions, hinderances and all such difficulties that may affect the site
- • Complete work orders and project updates ensuring all documentation is provided to the Site Supervisor
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience and knowledge:
- • Minimum of Grade 10
- • Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent would be considered an asset
- • Class 5 Driver’s license, with clean driving record
- • Completion or enrolment in a Trades apprenticeship would be considered an asset
- • Ability to obtain Federal Government Security Certification at the Secret level
- • Two (2) years of experience in labour or maintenance positions, ideally working on commercial and residential property units
- • Client service experience
- • Experience with electrical, carpentry and plumbing tasks would be considered an asset
- • Literacy skills, including the ability to complete work order forms
- • Knowledge of workplace safety and related processes
- • Must be able to lift up to 30kgs
- • On-call duty is required (approximately 1-2 weeks per month). While on call, incumbents must be in Inuvik and accessible by phone for after-hours property issues and/or emergencies including during evenings, weekends and holidays.
Priority consideration will be given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.
Deadline to apply is October 11, 2019. Should this opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to: Inuvialuit Regional Corporation - Human Resources Division firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 888-872-4172