You are here
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation Announces Student Equipment Fund
As the new school year begins, Inuvialuit Regional Corporation (IRC) is pleased to announce the launch of a student equipment fund available to Inuvialuit post-secondary students up to $500 each. IRC advocated on behalf of students in response to changing needs caused by COVID-19.
Students who are going into post-secondary programming can submit their application to IRC for up to $500 in reimbursements for equipment to help them pursue their education online or at a distance.
These funds may be used to support the purchase of basic student equipment in order to assist students in their on-line or distance learning.
“IRC will continue to support initiatives that improve connectivity to proper educational opportunity and as a part of our commitment to Inuvialuit students," said Duane Ningaqsiq Smith, IRC Chair and Chief Executive Officer.
- Students accepted into Post-Secondary programs are eligible for up to $500 for student equipment
- Applications must be submitted before October 30, 2020
- A maximum of $500 is available per student
- Reimbursement is only for purchases made after April 1, 2020.
- Along with your detailed receipt(s), you will need proof of ID such as health care card and Enrolment #, and a proof of acceptance from your college, university, or school.
All Inuvialuit beneficiaries interested in furthering their education, as well as Inuvialuit students and families can find information and applications at www.inuvialuit.com. or by contacting IRC’s Education and Training department with their questions: firstname.lastname@example.org