The Resolution Health Support Program (RHSP) provides mental health and emotional support services to former residential school students and their families. The program continues to be implemented by the Community Development Division in the Inuvialuit Settlement Region (ISR).
RHSP educates and empowers survivors and intergenerational survivors to take lead in their lives. RHSP staff develop and deliver workshops in the Beaufort Delta Region that help individuals look at the many different traumas of residential school and tools in their surroundings and daily lives to move forward one day at a time.
Cultural Support Workers (CSW’s) are located in each community - Ulukhaktok, Sachs Harbour, Paulatuk, Tuktoyaktuk, Aklavik and Inuvik - to give frontline support or refer you to the RHSP.
What RHSP can do for you:
- Provide frontline emotional support for former students and their families
- Provide Workshops in your community, leaving you to empower each other
- Attend Independent Assessment Process (IAP) hearings
- Provide referrals to lawyers for additional assistance with IAP claim
- Provide referrals to either in-house counsellors or other Health Canada counsellors traveling to Inuvik and surrounding communities
- Assist with other residential school programs that come forth by Health Canada
If you want to learn more about the Resolution Health Support Program, please contact:
For general IAP information or an update on your file, please call 1 (877) 635-2648 or visit www.iap-pei.ca.
For emergency counselling and crisis intervention, please contact the Residential School Crisis Line at 1 (866) 925-4419.